Demonstration Session 3
Thursday, August 3, 2017
Brad Rizza, Beekeeper Group
So, you want to know if your messages are breaking through or if people are discussing your issues online – but you’d rather not sacrifice most of your budget to find out. Then this is the session for you!
Have feedback on this session? We’d love to hear it! Submit it here.
What is monitoring?
In this context, we are talking about real-time monitoring of social media, mainstream and local news, blogs, TV, online video, radio, podcasts, etc.
What Are We Looking At?
- Social Media
- Mainstream Outlets
- Local News
- Press Releases
Why Do We Care?
- Adjust Campaign Strategy
- Post on Social Media
- Contact Reporter
- Draft Blog
- Create Video
- Design Graphic
- Inform Your Team
- Twitter Search
- Twitter Lists
- Google Alerts
- SocialMention – Use Social Mention as a search engine with a complementary analytics suite, collecting data such as sentiment. Inputting a key phrase will generate results pages filled with user-generated content up to a month old from more than 100 platforms. But since the program doesn’t continuously monitor your terms, you’ll have to start a new search when you need an update.
- Mention – Track your mentions on major social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook, with the aptly-named Mention. Not only can you interact with posts using your tracked keywords directly from the dashboard, but assign them to different team members. The platform can also alert you whenever someone includes your keyword in a post.
- Hashtracking – Ideal tool for tracking impressions, reach, who used your Twitter or Instagram hashtag.
- TweetReach- Create a snapshot of a hashtag or keyword by using TweetReach. It not only provides a timeline of relevant tweets but offers reach, impression and activity data. This helps quantify the social impact of your search term.
- HootSuite – Manage multiple accounts.
- SproutSocial – Hootsuite on steroids.
- Trackur – Create custom social listening feeds with Trackur. While tracking keyword mentions on blogs, forums, and other social media platforms, you can set your feeds to filter results by country and other criteria. The tool also uses Klout to assign influence scores to people talking about your keywords.
- Crimson Hexagon – Great for enterprise solutions and identifying influencers.
- Spredfast- Similar to Crimson and Hootsuite. Great for multiple users on big teams.
- Veritone – Most search engines organize text-based data. Veritone search is unique in that users can search by the contents present within media. This enables users to search for instances where a keyword is mentioned in a discussion, speakers detected in a piece of audio, faces or objects recognized in a video frame, and other unstructured data present in today’s audio and video media.
- Live/Real Time
- Daily Update
- Weekly Report
- Automated Emails
- Engagement Updates
Training Your Team
- Provide Context
- Make It ClearProcess In Place
- Shadow Them
- Specific Feedback
Q: Is there a tool that is really effective on mobile? I always want to be doing important things from my phone.
A: There isn’t really a great solution for this as these tools are so complicated, a mobile app doesn’t provide enough functionality.
Q: Do you know of any tool that can allow us to upload influencers and then notify us if these influencers engage with each other? As in if they Tweet at each other or like the other’s content.
A: Don’t think this exists but would recommend creating something custom. Beekeeper Group could build out a dashboard if this is something you really want. We would also recommend a custom set-up of Trackur and Crimson Hexagon.