Keynote and Panel Discussion
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Brad Fitch (Congressional Management Foundation), Honorable Chris Shays (Former Member of the United States House of Representatives, 4th District of Connecticut), Sean Gard (Congresswoman Gwen Moore), and Lauren Burke (NBCBLK; Politic365)
Hear from a Congressman, Reporter, and a Chief of Staff about the best way to pitch your advocacy story. Moderated by Brad Fitch from the Congressional Management Foundation who will also share CMF’s latest research on the most effective ways to reach Capitol Hill.
Have feedback on this session? We’d love to hear it! Submit it here.
– Best pitch they’ve ever heard
– Worst pitch they’ve heard
– How to vary the pitch – member vs staffer vs political party
– What do you need to hear?
– What don’t you care about?
– How to get the reporter interested early?
– What is ‘news’?
– How to make a tired issue interesting